Quite often my clients come to me with the same problem, they want a change but they are not willing to spend the amount of money associated with renovating or redecorating a whole new space. Luckily there are numerous ways to give your space an update without breaking the bank, some of which just require a bit of creativity and perhaps elbow grease. Some of my favourite affordable and simple ways to update a space are:
1. Change out cushion covers: Cushion covers are not only affordable but offer lots of variety, choose your colour, pattern or print depending on what look you are going for. Brights are great for summer. (seen above)
2. Bring in light: Use led lights with adhesive underneath as backlights or underneath the top of bookcases as recessed lights to highlight items of interest.
3. Dress up curtains: Apply trim or tape to the edge of drapery.
4. Paint: Add colour by painting a room or even a feature wall.
5. Add a rug: Introduce a large geometric rug for both interest and colour (seen above)
5. Bring the outside in: Bring flowers or branches in from the garden and place in a glass vase for a pop of colour.
6. Add a large mirror: Mirrors open up a space and act as a focal point and are available in a variety of styles. Place opposite a window to reflect natural light throughout the room.
See tips on how to create a beautiful vignette here.